SMBW is looking for a part-time (24 hours/week) Marketing Assistant to join our growing team. If you meet the following criteria, we want to hear from you!
Duties + Responsibilities
Proposal Production + Coordination
- Provide production support, with strategy oversight and guidance by the Marketing Manager, of winning proposals. An effective Marketing Assistant should be able to receive and distill information provided by others and transform it into a best in class written and visual presentation that is easily comprehensible.
- Coordinate with consultants and collaborators to incorporate external data, experience, and contributions into proposals.
- Develop marketing materials for pursuing new work, including qualifications packages, proposals, interviews, and business development presentations.
- Develop and manage marketing materials to include project experience sheets, staff resumes, firm profiles, and portfolios.
Records + Research
- Conduct research on clients and potential leads.
- Maintain records of historical project and personnel data.
- Conduct competitive research to ensure industry standards and best practices are being utilized.
Materials Library Management
- Maintains database of products and sales rep contacts
- Coordinates appointments with sales representatives
- Maintains design materials library (ordering samples, restocking, send-backs, etc.)
- Must be a creative and competent writer and editor who can produce clear, concise, and convincing marketing copy.
- Must be highly detail- and deadline-oriented.
- Knowledge and experience using Adobe Creative Cloud and the Microsoft Office Suite.
- Must excel at multi-tasking and solving problems with initiative and autonomy.
- Must be able to manage personal assignments independently and successfully execute projects that support marketing initiatives.
- Experience in dealing with clients and customer service.
- Preference for an individual currently pursuing a Marketing degree or equivalent work experience.
- Preference for an individual with experience working in a marketing environment with responsibility for writing, editing, and producing proposals, presentations, marketing literature, and capability documents.
How to Apply
Please email cover letter, resume and work samples to email@example.com RE: Marketing Assistant.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
If you are unable to apply online please mail to:
ATTN: Human Resources
111 Virginia Street, Suite 111
Richmond, VA 23219
SMBW is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
The summary of essential duties and responsibilities listed above is not intended to cover all possible job duties and is subject to change at our discretion.